Kindergarten Registration for 2015-2016
Beginning April 20, parents may complete the Online Registration portion on our website. Families must attend the May 7th event at the school to finish the registration process. Parents/guardians MUST have a valid email address in order to register their student. Your child’s registration will be delayed if you do not bring the needed documents listed below on May 7th.
What to Bring for Registration on Thursday, May 7th 12:00 pm until 6:00 pm:
- Your child! We will be holding screenings on registration day.
- An official document showing proof of birth date. Examples include an original birth certificate or birth registration, an official state or federal form with date of birth, or passport. For a fee, parents can order a birth certificate for a child born in Georgia through the state’s ROVER service.
- Proof of residency in attendance zone. The school requires proof of residency, which may be verified by presenting a current utility bill (excluding telephone bills) with one of the following documents:
- a non-contingent sales contract
- current lease/rental agreement
- most recent income tax return
- current paycheck stub
- current residential property tax statement or bill
- current warranty or quick claim deed
- current home purchase agreement
- current homeowner’s insurance policy
Documents presented for residency verification must include the same address as the accompanying utility bill. An exception: A deed without an address is acceptable if accompanied by two utility bills (excluding telephone bills) with same address in the attendance zone. A contingency contract is not acceptable. If you live with a friend or family member and need information about verifying your residency, call your local school. If you do not speak English fluently, please call with the help of a bilingual friend or relative, in case an interpreter is not available.
- Evidence of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening obtained in the past year. This information should be on a current Georgia Form #3300 (rev. 2013), available from the health department or your physician and dentist and dated within the last 12 months. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable, if completed within the last 12 months and stapled to the state form. International certificates are not acceptable. Click here for Health Department locations, maps, and hours of operation.
- A photo ID. The person enrolling a student should present proper identification. This identification may include a driver’s license, a state identification card, a passport, or other official photo identification, such as an ID card obtained through an official government agency or consulate. A matricula consular ID is sufficient.
- Proof of custody/guardianship. Proof of Guardianship is required for registration if the enrolling adult is not the birth parent. Contact Gwinnett County Probate Court at 770-822-8350. Click here to visit the Probate Court’s web page.
- A Georgia certificate of immunization. By state law, a valid certificate of immunization (Form #3231) or a notarized Affidavit of Religious Exemption (available from school) is required for enrollment. The certificate of immunization must be completed by the health department or your private physician. A valid Form #3231 must be marked with either “Date of Expiration” or as “Complete for School Attendance.” (A certificate marked with a “Date of Expiration” expires on the date indicated. A current certificate must be submitted within 30 days of expiration.) A medical exemption, if applicable, should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration.
- The child’s social security number. State law requires that schools ask for this number at the time of enrollment. Students will be enrolled, even if the number is not provided. However, parents will be asked to sign a waiver.
- A copy of the pre-K progress report if your child has attended a state pre-K program. This can be helpful information for your child’s new kindergarten teacher. You also can bring the final pre-K assessment to your child’s teacher when the school year begins. The information can serve as a benchmark of your child’s skills and abilities.
As we approach the end of the school year, please note that charges will NOT be allowed after Thursday, April 30, 2015. Please make sure that there are sufficient funds in your child’s cafeteria account to cover their meals for the remainder of the school year or send money daily.
LAST CHANCE TO ORDER A YEARBOOK!
If you would like to order a 2014-2015 yearbook please complete this order form and return it to school with $25 cash or check, payable to Arcado PTA.
Arcado Students and Teachers are All About The Books
Regional Science Fair
Arcado Elementary had four students represent us at the Regional Science Fair on Friday, February 27th at the Gwinnett Civic Center. All four students did very well and we are very proud of them. Erin M. Placed 1st … Read More
Witzzle Pro Math Club
It is Witzzle Pro Tournament season at Arcado!!!! Students in the Witzzle Pro Math Club have been practicing weekly since October for our 7th annual tournament with Mason Elementary School. About 50 Arcado 4th and … Read More
This year’s Spelling Bee winner is fourth grade student, Grace L. Our alternate is Rebecca C., a fifth grade student. The Spelling Bee was held on Thursday, January 8, 2015 in the Media Center. Fourth and fifth grade … Read More
2015 – 2016 Registration Opens at Gwinnett Online Campus
Students in grades 4-12 interested in attending Gwinnett Online Campus full-time for 2015-2016 may complete the online Intent to Register process during the month of February, 2015. Interested families are encouraged to attend an Informational … Read More
Math Bee Winners
Congratulations to our Math Bee School Winners! From Left to Right: 5th grader- Sahejveer Makkar (1st place) 4th grader- Kaleb Seiffu (2nd place) 3rd grader- Jihan Amin (5th place) 2nd grader- Jase George (6th place) … Read More
More News ›